Posted: August 22, 2021
West End Neighborhood House, Inc. is seeking a Senior Accountant to work closely with the CFO of West End Neighborhood House as support for the accounting of the parent organization and two subsidiaries. 40 hours/week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the accuracy of the balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Manage month-end process: reconcile bank statements, general ledger accounts, intercompany accounts and prepare journal entries for two subsidiary companies.
- Support the preparation of subsidiary financial statements including variance analysis for monthly and annual financial reporting for the board of directors according to schedule.
- Support bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll including review of on-boarding documentation and maintaining employee files.
- Prepare monthly grant spending reports for submission to funders and monitoring of grant budgets.
- Monitor cash flow for two subsidiaries.
- Assist other staff with management of rental property collections.
- Assist the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Assist with the subsidiary audit including preparing reports as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Perform other accounting, financial or administrative projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Excel and analytical skills.
- Must be very well organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have flexibility and organizational skills to operate in a fast-paced environment and the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting preferred. CPA a plus.
- Must have 3-5 five years of progressive experience in public or private accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting processes, procedures and principles.
- Construction and/or non-profit accounting experience a plus.
- Experience with Sage, Paychex, Xero, Bill.com software a plus.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time off and employer contribution to retirement plan, medical, dental, and life insurance.
Conditions Of Hire
A satisfactory criminal background check and valid driver’s license are required as a condition of hire. Position is on-site not remote.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in our team!