Community Prevention Coordinator
Posted: January 20, 2021
- Implement evidenced-based substance abuse curriculum and activities for youth and parents/guardians in schools and community/faith-based organizations.
- Utilize effective classroom management strategies and customer service techniques.
- Organize activities and events, ranging in size from small local activities to the annual statewide prevention summit.
- Assist with the coordination of volunteers for events/activities. Build community capacity to address school and community needs.
- Engage with policy makers at local, state, and national levels to influence systems of care and services.
- Assist with the implementation of systems and structures that discourage substance abuse, reduce its consequences, and encourage healthy behaviors in children, their families, and other adults.
- Network with businesses, schools and government offices to identify resources and develop partnerships to strengthen service delivery, to develop programs, and address community needs. Attend coalition meetings and assist with coalition building.
- Assist with program evaluation and assessment processes (satisfaction surveys and environmental scans) to include program delivery, customer service, and effectiveness and progress toward program objectives; make recommendations for change, develop plans, and implement changes as authorized.
- Ensure contract compliance. Monitor, track and analyze all performance and attendance outcomes to ensure alignment with contract requirements; analyze data and complete reports. Prepare timely and accurate reports and participant files.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social/Human Services, Education, Counseling, or related field. Must have Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS) certificate or secure it within one year of employment.
- Experience: At least two years of experience working with youth in a school or community setting. At least two years of drug/alcohol prevention experience.
The Community Prevention Coordinator should demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Evidence-based prevention programs, techniques, and models.
- Classroom management & teaching techniques.
- Strong organization and data management skills, ability to work effectively under pressure and produce a quality work product within tight constraints.
- Customer service techniques.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word).
Conditions of Hire
- A satisfactory criminal background check and valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required at time of appointment and throughout employment in this position.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (including evening and weekends).
- Must be available for out-of-state travel.
Compensation includes a full benefit package such as paid time off, medical, vision, dental and life insurance, and employer contribution to retirement plan.
Thank you for your interest in our team!